Monday, March 9, 2015

Turkey Chili

This was soooo good. And even better the next day. I literally had very few things in the house, so my hubby and I whipped this up on a whim.

1lb ground turkey
1 green pepper
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 small can tomato sauce
1 can light red kidney beans (drained/rinsed)
1/2 can black beans (drained/rinsed)

In a large skillet, we browned the ground turkey. While browning, we added green pepper. Once done, we added 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 can stewed tomatoes, 1 can light red kidney beans (drained and rinsed), 1/2 can black beans (drained and rinsed), and 1 can (smallest at meijer) tomato sauce. Let simmer for 25 min on medium. We did not stir! It was filmy on the top when the timer was up so we stirred then and served.

My husband raved about this for like 3 days so I think its a keeper :)

Fixers: 1 Red, 1 Yellow, 1/4 green (per serving) should make about 8 servings 

No comments :

Post a Comment