Thursday, February 12, 2015

Ginger Chicken

So I love Chinese food but it is loaded with sodium. Every time I eat it, my fingers swell and I usually feel terrible later, so I set out to make my own yumminess. My husband is really the cook in this family and I don't do very good just coming up with recipes by throwing stuff together but... it worked this time ;)

What you'll need: ( Fix Count: 1 Red, 1 Yellow, 1 Tsp) 
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast or Tenderloins
3 Tbsp EVOO
3 Tsp Fresh Ginger
Powdered Ginger (optional)
Brown Rice
Braggs Liquid Aminos (optional)

First I heated the Extra Virgin OIive Oil and fresh Ginger in a pan on low heat, just until the Ginger mixed in a little. I placed my thawed Chicken Breasts in a non stick 9x13 pan. I added a little Organic Low Sodium Chicken Broth (found at Meijer-Pacific brand) in the bottom of the pan so the ginger wouldn't burn. I then slathered the ginger mix over the chicken breasts and poured left over mixture in the bottom of the pan. I also sprinkled a little ginger powder on the top of the chicken.


Bake at 400 degrees for 55 minutes (at 20 minutes I started checking every 10 min to make sure they weren't burning) I do believe these took much longer because the chicken was very thick. After the chicken was cooked fully, I measured the chicken in my protein Fix container. I made a side of brown rice while the chicken was baking and measured that in my carb Fix container. (I do leave the fat on the chicken for flavor and trim off before eating)



Now I have to say a few things..... I know the containers look small, but they are actually a very full serving. I made my bowl and put it in the fridge to eat after my Fit Club. My husband thought the bowl was for him so he ate that and was full after eating it..... the guy usually eats like a horse so.... believe me when I say it will fill your belly up. I personally will spray a little Braggs Liquid Aminos for the brown rice but its not needed. I usually use a spray or 2.


Lastly, I am definitely going to try this in the crockpot next time. That way it can cook all day while I am at work and make it alot faster! You could scramble some egg whites, and green onion or pepper to throw in and make it more of a fried rice type too! Or sautee some Bok Choy in olive oil or ginger to make it more Asian Cuisine! The extras are endless :) 

No comments :

Post a Comment